Hope is the companion of power and the mother of success,
For those of us who hope strongest have within us the gift of miracles.
The Life’s Little Treasures Foundation is a charity which is dedicated to providing support, friendship information and assistance to families of children born prematurely & sick.
It is currently run by volunteer parents who themselves have had a premature or sick baby and so truly understand the challenges that these babies and their families face. Our services are available in the hospital (neonatal and special care units) and in the community when families come home.
Don’t do it alone
We are here to provide you with friendship, support and information. To help you through this difficult period. We have all been there so understand the world you find youself in. Having someone to talk with who you know truely understands the journey you are on can make things so much easier for you.
Visit the links below to see the many ways in which we can support you
- Register your precious prem
- Support Groups
- Parent support network
- Parent stories and gallery
- Prematurity Articles
- Tips for friends and family
- Survival guide to NICU and Special care
- Parent Hospital Resource Folder “ A guiding hand for families in NICU and Special Care”
- In Home Child Care
- LLT and Counselling Services
- Downloadable posters
To improve the lives of premature and sick babies by providing information and assistance to families and supporting research
- Introduce programs, which provide practical and emotional support to families who have babies that have spent time in intensive/special care nurseries.
- Provide easily accessible and relevant information for families.
- Offer continued assistance to families to ease the transition from hospital to the home environment
- Increase community awareness of the unique issues faced by families of these special babies.
- Educate & provide assistance to healthcare providers who support families of premature or sick babies
- Support & participate in research