We know that this is a worrying time for you and your family. You probably never imagined that this could happen to you. As parents of premature babies, we understand the rollercoaster ride that you must be experiencing. Whether you are pregnant, have just had a premature baby, or are the family or friends of an NICU or SCN baby our range of articles on prematurity information will help you understand more about pre-term birth and the implications.
Life’s Little Treasures Foundation is Australia’s foremost charity providing support, understanding and information to families of children born prematurely or sick. Our services are available in the hospital (neonatal and special care units) and in the community when families come home.
When your baby is in hospital
- Practical tips when your baby is in hospital
- Some Common Feelings of Parents of Premature Babies
- Christmas in NICU & SCU
- Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) for Allied Health Services
Bonding with your baby
- Weaning a tube dependent child
- Breastfeeding your Premature Baby
- Why is breast milk so unique?
- The value of mother’s milk in the NICU
- Breastmilk Expressing
- Baby’s First Foods
- Food Allergies
- Food Allergies 2
- Food Disorders
- Hydration and the Active Child
- Why Does Early Intervention Work?
- Later problems of premature babies (Part 1)
- Later problems of premature babies (Part 2)
- Sensory Development
- Enhancing development through play during the first 18 months
- How puzzles can help your child, develop
- What is a Toy Library?
- Speech Guidelines – Years 0-5
- Building Resilience in children
- Toilet Training
- Dental Health Care (The Caulfield Dentist Group)
- Pregnancy and oral-systemic link
- School Readiness
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder
- Cerebral Palsy
Health and safety for your baby
- Basic Life Support for Children less than 12 months with a Tracheostomy
- Basic Life Support for Children over 12 months with a Tracheostomy
- Basic Life Support for Infants less than 12 months
- RSV Information
- Baby Walkers
Looking after yourself
Siblings, Grandparents and Friends
- Ways to support your baby’s siblings and sibling books
- What can grandparents/family/friends do to help?